Cereal, Europastry’s new bakery-pastry R&D center, has launched Baking the Future, the first startup accelerator in the bakery sector, with the aim of identifying innovative solutions generated by startups around the world and from build an open innovation model for the company.
The acceleration program lasts six months and is designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of their products, test the viability of products in the market and create new business models, as well as to help them promote their projects.
The five startups selected to participate in the Baking the Future accelerator will be able to access the following:
- Tailor-made work sessions
- A workspace in the Cereal facilities in Barcelona
- Specialized mentoring sessions with highly qualified Cereal team members in areas related to baking (R&D, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Access to Europastry’s R&D department to not only develop, test and manufacture products using the latest technologies, but also to manufacture on a pilot scale in Cereal’s facilities
- Europastry’s smart capital to improve the concept in its high-tech laboratories
- Access to sensory analyzes
- Inspirational sessions and workshops
- Business plan design
- Template and refinement of the pitch
- Preparatory sessions for the Demo Day
- Communication plan
With this model of open innovation, Cereal is committed to breaking down environmental barriers through more sustainable packaging, reuse of leftovers and recycling; improving the consumer experience through new business models; and new solutions to improve the quality of bakery products and the health of consumers.
Projects will be accepted until September 5. All projects will be evaluated by an evaluation committee made up of a team appointed by Europastry. Once the selections are made, a maximum of 5 startup projects will be notified of their inclusion in the Baking the Future acceleration program, which will start on September 26 at Cereal in Barcelona.
The Demo Day will take place after the end of the six-month program, when startups will present their projects to a network of private investors and highly qualified experts.