LIC emerges as the most advertised brand across all industries in January-March 2022: TAM

The BFSI sector made a comeback in terms of advertising as the sector recorded an increase in all media – television, radio, print and digital – during the period January-March 22 compared to the same period of the year latest, according to published data. by AdEx India, a division of TAM Media Research. Print and radio saw the strongest growth in BFSI sector ads, with an 11% increase in ad volumes, followed by digital media which saw an 8% increase. Meanwhile, TV saw a 7% increase in ad volumes.

In the BFSI sector, Life Insurance became the number one advertiser on television with 31% share of the sector’s advertising volume, while Life Insurance Corporation of India topped the charts in print, radio and digital with a 27% share in radio and print, respectively. and 28% digital share over the period. Across all four mediums, the top 10 advertisers added 45%, 53%, 33%, and 79% of TV, digital, print, and radio ad volumes, respectively.

On TV, the news genre became the BFSI industry’s preferred advertising genre, accounting for 67% of the industry’s TV advertising volume share. Next come genre films with 14% market share and general entertainment channels (GEC) with 10% market share. The top 2 channel genres on TV together added 80% share of advertising volumes for BFSI between January and March 22. Prime Time had the highest advertising of the BFSI brands with a 33% share of advertising volumes on TV , with ad sizes of 20-40 seconds preferred by 79% of advertisers. It should be noted that among the top 10 BFSI brands, four belonged to LIC of India.

In the print media, English newspapers accounted for 52% of advertisements in the BFSI sector, followed by Hindi newspapers at 21%. Marathi newspapers claimed the third position with a 6% share, while Gujarati and Tamil newspapers trailed with 4% each. The top five publishing languages ​​together added more than 87% of the industry’s ad volumes. Meanwhile, the publication genre General Interest held a 59% share of print advertising space, while the remaining 41% was accounted for by Business/Finance/Economy. In the print media, LIC of India held the number one position among advertisers with almost half of the brands being part of the stable of LIC of India.

Maharashtra topped all states with an 18% share of industry advertising volumes on radio between January and March 22, followed by Gujarat with a 15% share. On radio, evening time slots emerged as the preferred time for industry advertisements, with the slot accounting for 45% share, followed by the morning slot. 83% of BFSI ad volumes were in the evening and morning time slots on January-March 22.

Interestingly, the ad network’s transaction method captured 58% of the share of BFSI ad insertions on digital. This is followed by the programmatic/advertising network and the programmatic method which accounted for 25% share.

Also read: Locomotive Global Media strengthens its management team in India with new appointments

follow us on DumbassterInstagram, LinkedIn, Facebook

About Cedric Lloyd

Check Also

Not as advertised: Aetna “holds back” vision benefits promised to seniors

SAVOY, Ill. (WCIA) – An Aetna Medicare client went months without updated prescription glasses needed …