The Google News Initiative (GNI), in partnership with the Local Media Consortium (LMC), announced the publication of the Guide to GNI advertising revenue, a comprehensive guide for small and medium-sized news agencies on how to successfully monetize web content and increase digital ad revenue. It is one of the pillars of the RNB Digital Growth Program, which also includes audience development, reader revenue, data and products.
Marketing Technology News: Avatier unveils its Identity Anywhere sequel, spring 2021 release
The manual is designed to educate both publishers who do not yet have a digital advertising business or want to better understand the basics of programmatic advertising, and those who already have a digital advertising business but are looking for ways to ” improve their strategies or acquire new knowledge. to improve income. Through its six chapters, the manual provides a detailed, step-by-step overview of the basics of digital advertising, improving audience engagement and website performance, developing sales solutions, building an advertising team and management of advertising campaigns.
“Digital advertising is a great way for local publishers and broadcasters to increase their revenue, but many don’t have the resources or the know-how to start or maximize their digital advertising revenue,” said Fran wills, CEO of LMC. “We are confident that the GNI Advertising Revenue Playbook will be a very valuable and widely used resource for small and medium-sized media outlets around the world to launch a digital advertising program or optimize the one they already have.”
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Ben Brenner, Vice President of Business Development and Strategy at Digital Remedy
Along with the release of the playbook, GNI and the LMC will be hosting a series of free workshops that align with the content of the playbook. From June 1, the workshops will feature experts from GNI, LMC and other digital media speakers and consist of four sessions during the month of June.
- Workshop 1: Establishment of the bases and constitution of your team (June 1, 2:00 p.m. EST)
- Loudspeakers: Chad gilley (Maine today), Fran wills (LMC), James Byrd (OpsCo), Orli Ziv (Google)
- Panel of experts: Concrete examples and good practices to create effective and sustainable digital advertising companies (June 7, 2:00 p.m. EST)
- Loudspeakers: Maria bastidas (MundoHispanico), Pete Doucette (Philadelphia Inquirer), Willy Grant (Great West Media), moderated by Fran scarlett (Scarlett Ink Media)
- Workshop 2: Leverage your audience to accelerate ad revenue (June 14, 2:00 p.m. EST)
- Loudspeakers: Brian troyer (Grist), Fran wills (LMC), Kevin Flores (Google), Susan scott (Blue Engine Collaborative)
- Workshop 3: Packaging, pricing and optimization of your advertising offers (June 28, 2:00 p.m. EST)
- Loudspeakers: Fran wills (LMC), James washington (The voice of Atlanta), Katie wilkerson (10up), Orli Ziv (Google)
“The impact of COVID-19 has compounded the financial pressure already felt by news agencies large and small,” said Ben monnie, director of global news partnerships solutions at Google. “The GNI Advertising Revenue Playbook, which aims to help local media increase their revenues through digital advertising, aspires to help news agencies around the world overcome the current crisis and build sustainable digital businesses.”